Changing your email frequently is a lot of work — especially these days. Just about everything you do is tied to the Internet in some way — social media, banking, and even employment. When you sign up for a new free Canadian email account, you’ll want to take the time to choose your email wisely. That way, you don’t find yourself having to change an email you regret down the road.
Your Email is Your Personality
Some professionals even say that the email extension you register could put you into a stereotypical category. So, before you choose what comes after the @ symbol, you might want to consider this:
- @gmail: Means you’ve picked Gmail because they’re simplistic and just make sense. You’re Internet savvy and appreciate good features, which is why you opted for Gmail.
- @hotmail: You’re stuck in the old days of the Internet. You aren’t up-to-date on the latest technologies, probably receive a lot of spam email and might even have spyware attacking your computer. Unless you moved to live.com
- @iCloud: You’re an Apple enthusiast. Some say those with iCloud emails are most likely graphic designers.
- @aol: You’re stuck in the post dial-up modem era and out of touch with today’s technology.
- @yahoo: You’re a little savvier than the AOL user, but you still participate in chain mail and are stuck with any advertisements around your inbox.
- @Nili: You’re a Canadian!
Now that you know which email extension defines you, it’s time to create an email you will love to use today and ten years from now.
Tips for Choosing Your Free Canadian Email
You don’t want to have to change accounts down the road. So, future-proof your email before you sign up to prevent that from happening. These tips will help you select the correct name the first time around so that you don’t have to worry about changing it:
1) Never Use Your School Name or Company Name
You might be attending one school or have a particular employer right now, but using those in your email name limits you for future use of that same free email account. For example, you work for Canadian Bank and Trust as a part-time teller. You were using “CanadianBTTeller” as your username limits you, especially if you quit that job or use the same email address to apply for another.
Stick to something that can stick with you today and into the future.
2) Use Email in Canada You Can Access From Anywhere
Some service providers limit you on when and where you can access your free email. Pick a service provider that offers a web-based service — that way; you can access email on your computer or a mobile device regardless of where you are in the country.
3) Go For Extra Features With Your Free Canadian Email
As a free email provider, Nili offers extra features as part of the free service. Others have an option to upgrade to a paid account. These features allow your email account to grow with you, such as a higher transfer speed, larger storage volume or mobile sync capabilities. It is essential to pick a provider that has scalable options — that way, you don’t have to switch providers down the road.
4) Register an Email That is Easy to Remember and You Won’t Regret
You want an email that is easy to remember and one you’re proud to hand out. “Gr8Grl” might have been a remarkable email address in high school, but it isn’t something you would want to put on a business card or give out to employers when you’re looking for work.
The Internet is a big thing these days, and most people can access everything they need right on the web. Free email is just as reliable as paid email. Let the team at Nili show you how versatile free email in Canada can be with our robust features and unique packaging. Whether you’re looking for personal or business, Nili has your virtual life covered.