Managing disk space in your Nili Email account is crucial for a seamless email experience. Many users often wonder about the origin of an extra add-on on their invoices, especially when they have not intentionally made such a purchase. This article aims to clarify the steps Nili takes when your email account disk space usage approaches its limit, as well as explain the automatic billing add-on you might see on your invoice.
Receiving the 80% Disk Space Usage Email
What Does the Email Mean?
When your Nili Email account utilizes over 80% of the allocated disk space, our system will automatically send you an email notification. This is to alert you that your account is nearing its storage capacity, which could potentially cause issues with incoming emails.
What Should You Do?
You have two primary options:
- Clean Up Disk Space: The email suggests that you can free up disk space by deleting items from the Trash and removing copies of messages stored on Nili servers. To check which emails are taking up space, you can read this article.
- Purchase Additional Disk Space: If you prefer to keep all your emails, you can opt to buy more disk space to accommodate your needs. Visit the Nili Client Area and pay for the additional disk space.
Automatic Add-On at 95% Disk Space Usage
If your account exceeds 95% of its disk space limit, an add-on for additional disk space will be automatically added to your billing invoice. This is done to ensure uninterrupted email service and to prevent potential loss of incoming emails.
Why You Might See an Unexpected Add-On on Your Invoice
The automatic addition of the disk space add-on at 95% usage is the reason why you may see an extra charge on your invoice. While this is intended to prevent service disruption, we understand it might be confusing if you weren’t expecting it.
How to Avoid Unexpected Charges
To avoid these automatic charges, we strongly recommend:
- Regularly Monitor Disk Usage: Keep an eye on your disk usage stats, available in your Webmail Home under the “Manage Disk Usage” section.
- Set Up Alerts: While we send an 80% usage alert, you may also set up your own custom alerts for better monitoring.
- Opt for Manual Upgrades: If you realize you’ll need more space, manually upgrade before hitting the 95% mark to have more control over your billing.
Understanding your Nili Email account’s disk space usage and the automatic add-on feature is essential for managing your account efficiently and avoiding unexpected charges. By keeping tabs on your disk space and making timely decisions, you can ensure a smooth and uninterrupted email experience.